Vinyl windows are a low-cost and incredibly efficient alternative to most other window materials. In spite of being one of the cheapest choices in window design, it happens to be one of the most durable. Should you choose vinyl, you can rest assured that this scratch-resistant, bug-resistant, and heat-resistant material will look and function beautifully for years to come. Because the material has become so prolific, there are abundant design options to choose from, many of which mimic the look and feel of other classic materials.
Vinyl Window Benefits
- Low Cost: A new vinyl window can be incredibly cheap without compromising longevity, making it a wise choice for homeowners looking to save money.
- High Efficiency: Vinyl has a high R-value compared to other window materials (like wood and aluminum), making it incredibly heat resistant. Many of the most popular high-performance windows now feature vinyl with added insulation for even more efficiency.
- Durability: Vinyl windows are a steadfast choice that functions well in the face of almost every weather condition.
- Selection: Vinyl is incredibly popular and is widely available in virtually every window style.
- Low Maintenance: A new vinyl window will never need painting or staining, making it one of the easiest choices in terms of maintenance.
Vinyl Window Drawbacks
- Fixed Color: Vinyl windows can’t be painted, so be sure to choose a neutral color or one that you’ll be comfortable with forever. Heavy direct sunlight can discolor some brands, so weigh your options with care.
- Difficult to Customize: Because these windows are made of PVC, they’re typically shaped for installation right out of the factory. Ordering unique vinyl shapes can be costly.
Finding the Right Vinyl Windows for Your Home
Vinyl windows come in a variety of styles, giving you incredible flexibility in terms of design and function. A window installation professional is your best advisor on which styles, makes, and models to choose for your home.
Trusted Home Professionals can help you get in touch with the right remodelers for the job. All you have to do is fill out our online form, and we’ll connect you to certified remodeling companies in your area who can provide a free estimate on your window installation project.