Sunroom Addition Guide
Whether you’ve been dreaming of meals bathed in sunlight or a plant-filled playroom for the kids, a sunroom can be a great addition to your home.
This remodel is growing in popularity as homeowners catch on to its low cost to square-foot ratio. Not only can a new sunroom expand your usable space, but modern sunrooms can also be seamlessly integrated into your architecture, delivering year-round enjoyment. Offering incredible versatility at a fraction of the cost of traditional room additions, this is one of the most compelling remodels available.
Benefits of a Sunroom
- Extra Space: Sunrooms are a great way to add space to your home. They can be used in a variety of ways year-round: as a workout space, a library, a home office, an entertainment room, a family room, or just about anything you can dream up.
- Durability: Contemporary sunrooms are built to last, featuring durable and weather resistant materials that keep your interior comfortable and dry.
- Design Versatility: A new sunroom can come in a variety of traditional and modern styles, and skilled contractors can integrate your sunroom seamlessly, making this room a flexible choice for your property.
- Cost-Efficiency: Fast installation and low-cost construction materials make sunrooms incredibly cost-efficient when compared to other home additions.
- Energy Efficiency: Sunrooms bring light and warmth into your home year-round, reducing the need for lightbulbs. Unique ventilation systems and state-of-the-art insulating materials help regulate temperatures for a comfortable experience, year-round.
- Entertainment: Sunrooms are the perfect space for indoor entertainment, allowing you and your guests to enjoy a full view of your landscape regardless of the weather.
- Maintenance: A great sunroom requires almost no maintenance, especially if you choose vinyl or aluminum models. Maintenance will vary by style and brand, but most professionals recommend a fresh silicon seal every 8 to 10 years.
Finding a Sunroom Installation Professional
If you’re thinking about adding a sunroom to your home, fill out our online form. We’ll get you in touch with professionals in your area who can get the job done and deliver their estimates along with a free in-home consultation.