Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
Trusted Home Professionals collects the information that Users provide to us in using the Services, including information about their home remodeling projects and information shared when Users submit a question or comment, or provide a review to us.
This information you provide may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and other information that by itself, or in combination with other information, tells us your identity.
Information We Collect Automatically
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain used (The IP address is a unique numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer.);
- Type of browser and operating system used;
- Device type and ID;
- Date and time of your visit to the Site;
- Web pages you visited;
- Actions you performed or attempted;
- Codes that correspond to the status of your actions (e.g., credit card payment request successfully submitted); and
- Site referral information
By itself, information we collect automatically does not identify you as an individual User. We may use this information to improve the content or layout of the Site or for other everyday purposes, such as fraud prevention.
Information From Publicly Available Sources and Third Parties
We may collect information from third parties who are authorized to share information with us and from publicly available sources such as social media accounts.
Users may set their web browsers to notify them when they receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. However, if you prevent cookies from being sent, you may limit the functionality we are able to provide when you visit the Site.
Information From Your Use of the Services
Trusted Home Professionals may use the information that we collect from or in connection with the Services for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services, including to respond to Users' questions, comments or reviews;
- To better understand how Users interact with the Services;
- To tailor the content and information that we provide to each User in connection with the Services;
- For data analytics and research purposes; and
- To enforce our Terms of Service, located at https://www.trustedhomeprofessionals.com/terms
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Trusted Home Professionals may disclose the information that we collect from or in connection with the Services to third parties with your consent and as follows:
- With relevant members of our network of trusted home professionals so that they may contact Users about their home improvement projects;
- With financing companies so that our dealers can provide Users with financing options for their home improvement projects;
- With service providers that we engage to provide services for us related to the Services;
- If we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Trusted Home Professionals or others.
- in the event of a merger, stock purchase, sale of all or substantially all of our assets or a similar transaction.
Retention of Information
We retain the information that we collect from you visits to the Site or use of h the Services for as long as we, in our sole discretion, believe is necessary or appropriate to carry out the purpose(s) for which that information was collected or to comply with applicable laws, contracts or other rules or regulations.
Solely as a convenience to our Users, we may include links on the Site to third-party websites that we do not operate or control (“Third-Party Sites”). Trusted Home Professionals is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through the Third-Party Sites, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure. Before interacting with the Third-Party Sites, you should consult the privacy policies of those sites to learn more about their privacy practices.
Not Intended for Children
The Site and the Services are not directed towards or intended for persons under 18 years of age. Trusted Home Professionals does not knowingly collect any information from persons under 18 years of age who may visit the Site. Persons under 18 years of age are ineligible for any and all Services made available on the Site.
Trusted Home Professionals uses commercially reasonable security measures, including technical, physical, and administrative practices and procedures, to protect against the unauthorized access, loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we collect from your Site visits or use of the Services. Nonetheless, no system is perfect. Therefore, Trusted Home Professionals makes no representations or warranties with regard to the sufficiency of these security measures. Users provide information to us strictly at their own risk. Trusted Home Professionals shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect damages that you may incur as a result of a security breach or technical malfunction.
Special Notice to California Users
Users who are California residents have the right, under California Law SB 27, to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared their personal data for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year and a description of the categories of personal data shared. To make such a request, Users should send an e-mail to email@example.com, include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, and provide us with their name, address and e-mail address. We will respond to each such request within thirty (30) days of receiving it.
Special Notice to New Jersey Users
The Site does not take action in response to do-not-track (“DNT”) signals received from web browsers. DNT is a privacy preference that Users can set in their web browsers to indicate that they do not want certain information about their online activities collected. For more information on DNT, please visit donottrack.us.