Deck, Patio, and Enclosures Guide
Enjoying the outdoor living space of your home is one of the best parts of owning property, and having a professional contractor help you add decks, patios, & enclosures can give you the opportunity to spend more time outdoors year-round. While there are several advantages to having these additions put on your home, there are also many different factors to consider before committing to the project.
Decks are excellent for adding to the living space of your home and providing a place to entertain or relax with the family. However, they are a challenge to construct, and having a qualified contractor working with you is recommended to ensure the safety and durability of your new deck.
After choosing a contractor, the first step in the deck building process is deciding exactly what type of deck best meets your needs. From two-story elaborate decks to basic structures just off the ground, the style that you choose will have to work with the current exterior structure of your home. As expected, the larger the deck the higher the costs, so being clear about your budget in the beginning is essential to avoid getting in over your head.
Adding a patio to your home can be a fairly economical way to increase outdoor living space and the value of your property. Nailing down the design of your patio can be one of the most challenging parts of this process, and there are several materials popular for patio construction, including:
- Flagstone: Ideal for a natural appearance, but it can have issues with erosion and splitting
- Clay Brick: Works well for traditional and modern architecture with its versatile appearance
- Patio Pavers: Available in a variety of forms but require extra preparation to prevent spreading
- Concrete: Inexpensive option that is best handled by a professional contractor
- Gravel: Versatile patio product, but it can be a challenge to keep level and contained
Depending upon how you plan to use your patio, the terrain, and your preferred aesthetic, a contractor will be able to help you choose the ideal product to fit within your needs and your budget requirements.
There are few things that add more value and enjoyment to the outdoor space of your home than a professionally-installed enclosure. This type of structure can take many different forms, depending on your needs, style, and budget, but two of the most popular options for modern homeowners include:
- Sunrooms: With an abundance of natural light, this glass-walled structure attaches to your home to increase square footage and provide an ideal place for entertainment or relaxation.
- Screen Rooms: Typically less expensive than a sunroom, screen rooms give you the option to enjoy getting fresh air while being protected from wind, rain, and insects.
There are several important decisions to make when designing an enclosure with your chosen contractor. From ideal location for the structure to the material used in construction, your home’s architecture and the climate of the region are both important factors in choosing what type of enclosure will hold up best for years to come.
If you’re considering decks, patios, & enclosures as an addition on your property, choosing a professional home remodeler is the first step. To receive free quotes for qualified contractors in your area, just submit our simple online form now.